A little care goes a long, long way.
Carpet ownership can be a blissful experience if you practice some simple preventative maintenance for carpet. Just follow these common sense steps and your carpets will look and perform at their best for many, many years. Here are a few tips to make it possible:
1. Use walk-off mats at all entrances from the outdoors. It’s surprising how much dirt these mats capture and prevent from being tracked throughout your home. (And don’t forget to clean your mats often!)
2. Go shoeless. It’s not mandatory mind you, but going without shoes will save on wear and tear over time. Of course, it will also cut down on dirt transfer.
3. Keep your air filters clean. People don’t normally associate the condition of HVAC air filters with preventative maintenance for carpet, but clean air filters will capture more dust than you think… which means less dust settling on your floor.
4. Routine vacuuming. Soils contribute significantly to unnecessary wear, so regular vacuuming is a great habit to get into for preventative maintenance for carpet. Vacuuming regularly also helps maintain indoor air quality by removing allergens such as dust, pet dander and pollen.
5. Take care of stain-causing spills before they have a chance to set-in. Remember, all spots and stains, regardless of warranty, require immediate attention. The longer you wait to clean it up, the greater the risk of it becoming permanent.
6. Have your carpet cleaned professionally every 12 to 24 months.
Always follow your manufacturer’s care and cleaning guidelines when practicing preventative maintenance for carpet to maintain your its warranty.
By following these simple tips, you’ll enjoy the beauty and comfort of your Bliss floor for many years to come. For really good advice on how to remove spots and stains, go to Spot Removal Tips, or if you’d rather talk live with somebody about it, call 800-944-2840. You can also refer to the Beaulieu of America Carpet Care Guide & Warranty Information.